(September 2, 2022)—The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) is urging all visitors to Pleasant Valley Reservoir to exercise caution while recreating in the lake, due to water quality concerns that may cause harmful effects on people and animals. LADWP is closely monitoring the water for any type of harmful cyanobacteria. Signs have been posted at Pleasant Valley Reservoir notifying visitors. This warning is in place until further notice.
All visitors are encouraged to follow these guidelines while enjoying the reservoir:
– Avoid swimming.
– Keep pets and other animals out of the water.
– Do not drink the water. Boiling will not improve the water quality.
– Do not eat fish or shellfish from the lake.
– Wash thoroughly after touching the water.
– Adhere to all posted signs.
Anyone who feels sick after going in the water should seek immediate medical help. For more information about Pleasant Valley Reservoir, call LADWP at (213) 519-0746.