Pedestrian Safety Project Will Resume in Bishop
The Pedestrian Safety Project in Bishop was delayed on Friday due to an anticipated shortage in materials. The project will resume tomorrow, Monday, July 26th, as originally planned, as the contractor was able to procure additional construction materials.
Work is scheduled as follows:
On State Route 168 W (West Line Street)
- between Home Street and Fowler Street
- and at the intersection with Edwards Street
- Westbound traffic on Elm Street will be diverted onto Central Street.
- Monday through Friday from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am
On U.S. Highway 395 (Main Street)
- At the intersection with eastbound E. Elm Street and
- between E. Pine Street and Park Avenue
- Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
There will be intermittent lane closures during the project, travelers should anticipate minimal delays.
For more information about Caltrans District 9 projects, please visit: http://www.dot.ca.gov/d9/projmgt/projects.html and follow us on Facebook (Caltrans District 9) and Twitter (@Caltrans9).
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Christine Knadler at 760-872-0676 or TTY 711.