- Ski/Snowboard – Mammoth Mountain is open until June 17
- Golf – Snowcreek opens May 24 and Sierra Star opens May 25
- Mountain Bike – Rock Creek trail is in great shape; Mammoth Mountain Bike Park opens May 25
- Fish – Regular Fishing Season kicked off April 28 and runs through November 15
- Hike – Lower elevation trails are open and even showing off some wildflowers: McGee Creek Canyon, Convict Lake, Rock Creek to East Fork, Rush Creek, Parker Lake, Lundy Canyon, Leavitt Meadows, Barney Lake, Sherwin Lake trails and more!
- Visit Bodie State Historic Park – The beloved ghost town on SR 270 is open 9am-4pm daily
- Mammoth Lakes Film Festival – Join 120 film makers from far and wide for five days of amazing screenings, May 23-27
Yosemite National Park announced that Tioga Road (Highway 120 East) will open for the season to all vehicular traffic on Monday, May 21, 2018 at 9:00 am.
There will be limited services available along Tioga Road. All campgrounds along Tioga Road remain closed. There is no anticipated opening date for the Tuolumne Meadows store and the Tuolumne Meadows Visitor Center. There is no gasoline available along Tioga Road. The closest gas station is located at Crane Flat.
Yosemite National Park is open year-round. All motorists should drive with caution and be aware of possible hazards in the roadway, including rocks, debris, and water. Tioga Road may be impacted by incoming storm activity, including snow and icy driving conditions, over the next week. Tioga Road may temporarily close due to weather and unsafe driving conditions at any time. Tioga Road is a seasonal road through Yosemite National Park, typically open from late spring to early fall.
For updated 24-hour road and weather conditions for Yosemite National Park, please call 209-372-0200.
From Mono County Tourism
Tioga Pass opened TODAY, Monday, May 21st at 9:00 AM!
Great news! The East and West sides of the Sierra Nevada mountains are reunited once again and you can drive the incredible Tioga Pass Road (SR 120 W) all the way through Yosemite National Park to and from Mono County!
With all three passes now open (Sonora/SR 108 and Monitor/SR 89 opened earlier this month), summer begins in earnest. Let’s play! Here are a few activities available now or by Memorial Day weekend —
If you need help planning your Memorial Day Weekend trip, give us a call at 800-845-7922 or reply to this email. We’re happy to point you in the right direction for the perfect Eastern Sierra adventure!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.