Northern Inyo Healthcare District has temporarily revised its family and guest policies due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please note these guidelines may change as the pandemic remains fluid.
Labor & Delivery, Medical-Surgical Department, and Intensive Care:
- Visitation is restricted to one adult support person for each patient.
- The support person must be in good health in order to enter the department. Please be prepared to undergo screening.
- The support person identified is the only person allowed to visit during the entire hospital stay.
- The support person is required to follow infection control processes as directed by NIH staff.
- No children under 18 are allowed to visit patients. In Labor & Delivery, that means the siblings of a newborn may not
- The NIH Emergency Department is not accepting any visitors or support persons, unless that person is accompanying a pediatric patient.
- Adult patients are limited to one visitor/companion who is providing transportation to the patient receiving care. These visitors/companions will be asked to return to their vehicles during patient examination, and will be notified by mobile phone when the patient is ready to return home. Pediatric patients may have one adult primary caregiver accompany them.
NIHD expects family members and visitors to be sensitive to the seriousness of this pandemic and work with our team to put the care of our patients first. NIHD also asks that family members and visitors respect the health and well-being of our physicians, nurses, and staff by complying with these guidelines. NIHD understands these are unusual circumstances and that these actions may be challenging to our patients. Rest assured, our top priority remains the safety of our patients and of our staff. By taking these measures, we believe we can help reduce the chances of infection spreading.
For more information, call Admissions Services at (760) 873-5811.