Mammoth Lakes, CA – With newly developed parking added by the Town of Mammoth Lakes, the Mammoth Lakes Police Department would like to inform citizens of the following updates in regards to these improvements and the corresponding enforcement.
In order to improve parking availability and efficient traffic flow, there are several additional parking areas designed to serve the general public around The Village and the Westin Monache Resort:
– Two-hour street parking can be found between Burgers restaurant and the former entrance to the paid parking lot on Minaret Road.
– The new entrance to the paid parking lot has been relocated to Berner Street. Drivers are encouraged to exit this lot by taking a left onto Berner Street and subsequent left onto Forest Trail towards Minaret Road.
– Additional parking has been added next to the WestinMonache Resort on Hillside Drive. This is a two-hour time-restricted parking lot.
– The Community Center and Tennis Court parking lots on Forest Trail continue to have two-hour time restrictions.
– Street parking along the 6000-6200 block of Minaret Road adjacent to storefronts remains 30 minute time-restricted parking to allow customers quick access and encourage vehicle turnover.
– The off-road parking of vehicles on and near Hillside Drive is strictly prohibited due to snow removal and safety concerns.
These regulations are to accommodate the particular needs and uses of each area. The Mammoth Lakes Police Department will be enforcing these time restrictions and vehicles found parked in violation are subject to a parking citation. In some cases, vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense.