The Inyo County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce a new prescription drop-off and collection service available now to residents of Inyo County.
Residents have the option of calling and requesting that prescriptions be picked up by a Deputy, or medication can be dropped off at the Inyo County Sheriff’s Office in Independence as well as any of the Sheriff’s three substation locations (Bishop, Lone Pine, and Shoshone).
Drop-offs are by appointment only, Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. Please call Sheriff’s Dispatch at 760-878-0383/option 4 to request a medication collection pick-up service or to schedule a medication drop-off.
“In addition to ensuring that Inyo County’s residents have a convenient safe disposal mechanism for out of date, half-used, or unwanted medication, we also want to do our best to keep prescription medication out of the hands of those who may be tempted to experiment with prescriptions – especially opioids,” stated Inyo County Sheriff Jeff R. Hollowell.
The following are examples of items that can and cannot be collected or dropped off:
Examples of what you CAN turn in:
* Controlled Substance Medications (Scheduled Drugs)
* Non-Controlled Substance (Rx) Medications
* Over-The-Counter (OTC) Medications
* Medication Samples
Examples of what you CAN NOT turn in:
* Any Sharps such as: Needles, Syringes, or Lancets
* Syrups, Ointments, Creams, and Lotions – NO LIQUIDS
* Any Mercury or Cadmium Products such as: Thermometers and Batteries
* Disposal Medical Waste Items such as: IV Bags, Used Bandages, Gowns, or Bio-Hazardous Items
* Aerosol Cans
* Chemicals or Disinfectants such as: Hydrogen Peroxide
* Personal Care Products such as: Non-Medicated Shampoo
Comments are closed.