Fire Destroys Bishop Home

Just before 1:00 am Tuesday, the Bishop Volunteer Fire Department was called out to a fire in a mobile home off of Watterson Rd. in West Bishop.

On scene, firefighters found a single mobile home fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters went to work to put the fire out, but also keep the flames from spreading to nearby homes. Within ten feet or so of the fire, there was a propane tank that supplied the home next door. The paint on the wall behind the tank was blistered by the intense heat of the fire, but firefighters were able to keep the propane tank from getting too hot and venting gas.

What started the fire was still under investigation at last word. According to Fire Chief Ray Seguine, the woman who was set to move into the building was out of town when the fire started so she was unhurt. There were two cats that lived there, and only one was accounted for when we stopped by Tuesday morning.

The mobile home was a total loss.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments