EASTERN KERN, INYO AND MONO COUNTIES – Below is a list of current Caltrans closures as of 6:00 pm:
· State Route 178 W in eastern Kern County from Kelso Valley Road to the junction with State Route 14,
· U.S. Highway 395 in Inyo County from Pearsonville to Olancha,
· U.S. Highway 395 from Gorge Road in Inyo County to Bridgeport in Mono County,
· State Route 203 in Mono County from Meridian Blvd to the junction with U.S. Highway 395,
· State Route 167 in Mono County from the junction with U.S. Highway 395 to the Nevada State Line,
Caltrans will post updates on these closures to its social media channels on Twitter and Facebook.
This storm is expected to bring heavy amounts of snow and strong winds throughout the day and into the weekend. If you must travel, check the Caltrans website and Quickmap.dot.ca.gov before you get on the road. You can also call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).
Because visibility is limited and roads are slick, we ask that all drivers slow down and allow themselves plenty of time to reach their destinations safely. Caltrans also reminds drivers to move over for Caltrans crews, CHP, and other emergency vehicles. If you come across a snowplow on the highway, create enough space to keep yourself and our snowplow operators safe.
Comments are closed.