Dump Day events are organized to further the Caltrans goal of keeping our highways litter-free as part of the Clean California Initiative.
Acceptable residential waste includes:
· Household and yard waste
· Glass, wood, metal, electronics, and recyclables
· Appliances, TVs, mattresses, and furniture
· Tires (rims removed, limit 9 at a time)
The following will not be accepted at the free dump day:
· Commercial waste
· Tractor/heavy equipment tires
· Hazardous waste
· Pesticides, herbicides, chemicals, sharps, and disinfectants
When: Sunday, November 6 from 7:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (this is a limited capacity station and the event is weather dependent)
Where: Bridgeport Transfer Station
50 Garbage Pit Road, Bridgeport, CA 93517
Visit CleanCA.com to learn more about how Clean California is transforming communities and how you can get involved. Visit the Caltrans District 9 Clean California website to learn more about programs and events in eastern Kern, Inyo, and Mono Counties.