Lane Closure Report for the week of 7/22/19 – 7/26/19
Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern Counties – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to alert the traveling public to be careful of workers on the highway, to Be Work Zone Alert and Move Over where possible.
The scheduled lane closures for the week of July 22 through July 26 are as follows:
- Southbound Long Valley Thin Blanket Project – On US Highway 395, from 1.3 miles south of South Landing Road overcrossing to the junction of US Highway 395 & State Route 203, crews will be placing a new asphalt surface on the roadbed. Traffic is advised to reduce speed through the construction zone. There are weekday lane and shoulder closures but no anticipated delays.On Tuesday, July 23 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am, the SR 203 southbound on-ramp to US Highway 395 will be closed. A detour will be available.
- Conway Guardrail Project – On US Highway 395, 6 miles south of Bridgeport to State Route 270, crews are reconstructing the guardrail system along this stretch of the highway. Traffic will encounter lane and shoulder closures with no anticipated delays, Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Friday, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Aspen/Walker Shoulder Project – On US Highway 395, from the junction of State Route 108 to 2 miles north of State Route 108, construction crews are widening the highway. Traffic may encounter up to 30 minute delays as vehicles are piloted through the active work zone, Monday through Friday, from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Chalfant Two–Way Left Turn Lane Project – On US Highway 6 in Chalfant (12 miles north of Bishop), crews are widening the highway and adding a two-way left turn lane from Hunter Avenue to just north of Brown Subdivision Road. Traffic should not experience delays this week due to construction.
- South Lone Pine CAPM Project – On US Highway 395, in Lone Pine crews are placing a new asphalt surface to extend the life of the pavement. On weekdays during daylight hours, traffic may encounter various lane closures.
- Walker Pass Thin Blanket Project – 12.1 miles west of Inyokern on State Route 178 and on US Highway 395 from just north of the junction of State Route 178 to just south of the junction at State Route 14, crews are removing the existing pavement and placing a new asphalt surface to extend the life of the pavement. There will be weekday single lane closures that should not impact traffic, Monday through Thursday 6:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Friday 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Cache Creek Bridge Replacement Project – On State Route 58, 5 miles east of Tehachapi. This project will replace two, two-lane Cache Creek bridges. There will be lane closures with a slight detour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Summit OH Bridge Rail Project – On State Route 58, near Tehachapi on the east Tehachapi Boulevard overcrossing bridges, crews are replacing the bridge rails. There are lane closures with a slight detour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Work schedule is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
SB 1 provides an ongoing funding increase of approximately $1.8 billion annually for the maintenance and rehabilitation of the state highway system. SB 1 funds will enable Caltrans to fix more than 17,000 lane miles of pavement, 500 bridges and 55,000 culverts by 2027.
Be Work Zone Alert and reduce your speed as you approach work zones
Follow us for the latest information on Facebook (Caltrans District 9) and Twitter (@Caltrans9). To assist in planning your commute, view live traffic conditions using QuickMap (http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/)
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Debborah Morales at 760-872-0752 or TTY 711.