Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern Counties — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to alert the traveling public to be careful of workers on the highway, to Be Work Zone Alert and Move Over where possible. The scheduled lane closures for the week of September 9 through September 13 are:
- Conway Guardrail Project – On U.S. Highway 395, from 6 miles south of Bridgeport to State Route 270, crews are reconstructing the guardrail system along this stretch of the highway. Traffic will encounter lane and shoulder closures with no anticipated delays, Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Friday, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm. Saturday work is anticipated on September 7 and September 21.
- Conway Clean Up Project – On U.S. Highway 395, approximately 10 miles north of Lee Vining, crews are removing down drains.Traffic will encounter lane and shoulder closures with no anticipated delays, Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Friday, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Aspen/Walker Shoulder Project – On U.S. Highway 395, from the junction of State Route 108 to 2 miles north of State Route 108, construction crews are widening the highway. There will be 24-hour traffic control on this project during the week. Traffic may encounter up to 30-minute delays as vehicles are piloted through the active work zone during the day. At night, drivers my encounter up to a 5-minute delay through the work zone.
- Chalfant Two–Way Left-Turn Lane Project – On U.S. Highway 6 in Chalfant (12 miles north of Bishop), crews are widening the highway and adding a two-way, left-turn lane from Hunter Avenue to just north of Brown Subdivision Road. Travelers will encounter lane closures with flaggers directing traffic. The maximum delay should be no longer than 20 minutes, Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, and Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Shoshone Thin Blanket Overlay Project – On State Route 178 near Shoshone, crews will be placing a new asphalt surface on the roadbed. Traffic is advised to reduce speed through the construction zone. Travelers will encounter lane closures with flaggers and a pilot car directing traffic. The maximum delay should be no longer than 20 minutes, Monday through Thursday 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Cache Creek Bridge Replacement Project – On State Route 58, 5 miles east of Tehachapi, crews are replacing two, two-lane bridges that cross over Cache Creek. There will be lane closures with a slight detour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Summit OH Bridge Rail Project – On State Route 58, near Tehachapi on the east Tehachapi Boulevard overcrossing bridges, crews are replacing the bridge rails. One lane in each direction will be closed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the bridge site while the other will remain open.
- Edwards Mill and Fill Project – On State Route 58, near Boron, 1.3 miles east of California City Boulevard to 1.3 miles west of Twenty Mule Team Overcrossing. Crews will be replacing the asphalt surface on the # 2 lane. On and off-ramps will only be closed while crews are working on adjacent sections of the highway. Travelers will encounter lane and ramp closures with flaggers directing traffic. The maximum delay should be no longer than 15 minutes, Monday through Thursday 6:00 am to 7:00 pm, and Friday 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Work schedules are subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
For work zone safety tips visit: http://beworkzonealert.com/work-zone-safety.html
Follow us for the latest information on Facebook (Caltrans District 9) and Twitter (@Caltrans9). To assist in planning your commute, view live traffic conditions using QuickMap (http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/)