BISHOP – Caltrans District 9 will close four of its mountain roads this weekend ahead of a major snowstorm forecast to begin this Saturday. The following highways will close beginning tomorrow:
- State Route 120 E (Mono Mills Road) on Saturday at 10:00 am
- State Route 158 N (North June Lake Loop) on Saturday at noon
- State Route 270 (Bodie Road) on Saturday at 5:00 pm
- State Route 168 W at the Aspendell gate on Sunday at 6:00 am
These four highways will join the three mountain roads currently under storm closures in Mono County:
- State Route 120 W at Lee Vining
- State Route 108 (Sonora Pass)
- State Route 89 (Monitor Pass)
Additionally, Caltrans will close the Crestview Safety Roadside Rest Area on Sunday at 10:00 am. While these closures are currently planned as storm closures, the severity of the snowfall may require a seasonal closure of these roads. Caltrans will assess the highways for reopening after the weather event has passed.
State Route 203 to Minaret Summit is now closed for the season at Mammoth Mountain.
With the snowy season here, Caltrans is reminding all drivers to make sure they’re properly packed before traveling to higher elevations. To know if you’re fully prepared, Caltrans has put together a video detailing what you should pack before hitting the road: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
For the latest information on road closures, please visit the Caltrans QuickMap website at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or download the app to your smartphone. You can also call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).