Northern Inyo Healthcare District Healthy Lifestyle Talk: Life and Longevity in the Blue Zones To Be Held Thursday March 17th

 

Join Kalina Gardiner, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist at Northern Inyo Healthcare District, as she discusses Life and Longevity in the Blue Zones, as part of NIHD’s Healthy Lifestyle Talks set for Thursday, March 17 th , 5:30 p.m., live on YouTube and Zoom.

Few places in the world are deemed “Blue Zones.” The term refers to geographic areas in which people have low rates of chronic disease and live longer than anywhere else. Studies show only about 10 percent of how long one lives is dictated by genes, while the other 90 percent is by lifestyle. As part of National Nutrition Month, Gardiner will explore the five Blue Zone regions, discussing how the foods, lifestyles, and mindsets of these communities ultimately help increase health and well-being.

Kalina Gardiner, RDN, provides nutritional care for NIHD’s in-patient and out-patient
communities. She received her undergraduate degree in Nutritional Sciences from California
Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, and her supervised practice through University of
Nevada, Las Vegas. Kalina believes in a “non-diet” approach, and instead opts for creating
sustainable lifestyle habits. She helps guide patients in making healthier, informed decisions
about their health and well-being.

This educational presentation is part of NIHD’s ongoing Healthy Lifestyle Talk Series. The talks are held monthly and are free of charge and open to public.

The talk begins at 5:30 p.m. and will be broadcast live on NIHD's YouTube channel. It will also be presented live on Zoom. For information on how to connect, please visit www.nih.org/events-calendar.

5 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Mono Person
Mono Person
8 months ago

This is the exact opposite side of the Covid coin!! This is what everyone should have learned through the pandemic, but no one would talk about it, because that is “fat shaming”. But really it is about health!

trackback
Northern Inyo Healthcare District Healthy Lifestyle Talk: Life and Longevity in the Blue Zones To Be Held Thursday March 17th - Health Reporter
8 months ago

[…] Source link […]

Vaguely
Vaguely
8 months ago

This looks interesting and worthwhile. For those of us who can’t attend I wonder if SW can provide a link to the transcript

MC Hubbard
Admin
8 months ago
Reply to  Vaguely

We spoke with NIHD and they record all of the Healthy LIfestyle talks and post them on their NIHD's YouTube channel for folks who cannot attend the live presentation.

trackback
Northern Inyo Healthcare District Healthy Lifestyle Talk: Life and Longevity in the Blue Zones To Be Held Thursday March 17th - Healthy DieTips
8 months ago

[…] Source link […]