As we enter the next phase of COVID-19 response and recovery, which may include future surges and new variants, we will continue to build on what we have learned over the past two years to meet the COVID-19 challenges that lie ahead.
On February 28 CDPH announced that masking guidance in California has been OR will adjust as follows:
- As of 03/01 – General Public Spaces – no longer required for unvaccinated individuals, but strongly recommended.
- After 03/11 – Indoors in K-12 schools & child care – will no longer be required.
Masks are still required in the following locations for ALL individuals regardless of their vaccination status:
- Healthcare settings;
- Indoors in emergency shelters, and cooling/heating centers;
- Long Term Care Settings & Adult and Senior Care Facilities;
- Homeless shelters;
- State and local correctional facilities and detention centers;
- On public transit (examples: airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis, and ride-shares) and in transportation hubs (examples: airport, bus terminal, marina, train station, seaport or other port, subway station, or any other area that provides transportation).